Friday, April 17, 2015

Health Awareness Days: Sufficient Evidence to Support the Craze? A New Commentary in AJPH

My regular readers know that I have some hesitations about campaigns that focus on "raising awareness". The phrase is vague and its definition often varies depending on who you ask.

So I'm excited to share that I recently published a new commentary on the topic with my colleague Dr. Jonathan Purtle at the Drexel University School of Public Health. "Health Awareness Days: Sufficient Evidence to Support the Craze?" was published by the American Journal of Public Health yesterday. Drexel University posted a great press release that summarizes the article and includes comments from us regarding recommendations and next steps.

I hope you will all read and share the commentary!

No comments:

Post a Comment